Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Twitch No More...or at least very little.


I'm happy to report that my constant, annoying leg twitches have drastically been reduced and I think the culprit was too much sugar...especially at night. It's been 7 days since I began eating "cleaner". I've eliminated white sugar and all processed foods. No more grazing between meals.
My new eating plan is based on the Ayurvedic lifestyle. I'm not following it exactly but I have eliminated the following from my diet:

  • No fried foods
  • No white sugar
  • No snaking between meals
  • Eating more colorful veggies
  • Sip on warm liquids throughout the day
  • Make lunch my biggest meal
  • Eat a light dinner 
  • Avoid cold liquids especially at night
An Ayurvedic lifestyle can be overwhelming initially so I'm only following a few concepts at a time.
I figure some changes are better than none at all. 
My next goal will be to reduce my meat consumption to near nothing.

I'm excited about trying a natural substance called Shilajit. It's relatively unknown to Americans. 
Shilajit promotes the movement of minerals into muscle, tissue and bone. Some of the translations of this Aryuvedic mineral-herb translate as the "conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness." It was thought to be able to conquer any sickness and disease process with the proper dosages at the proper times. It is considered an adptogenic substance that helps people adapt to environmental stressors more effectively.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/042670_shilajit_health_benefits_ayurvedic_medicine.html#ixzz3FZLuLSw6

Oh...discovered the wonderful taste of Padron peppers this week! Yummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment