Friday, October 3, 2014

(I apologize for any glaring grammer, punctuation or spelling mistakes…this is a blog…not English class.
I can’t say that I’ve always had a weight problem. For many years I could eat pretty much whatever I wanted. If I gained a few pounds, I would just cut back for a few days and the extra pounds would come right off.
Then I started to notice that whenever I was in a relationship  I would put on extra pounds….lots of eating out…lots of desserts…lots of just plain eating! Then came the breakup and off came the weight.
Now I’m in my early fifties and the weight has taken up permanent residence. I spend a month taking off 5 pounds and one weekend putting it all back on….back and forth…back and forth.
Not only can I no longer take off weight effortlessly but I no longer can eat a growing list of my favorite junk food without experiencing insomia, acid reflux  and well, my waste management system stops running smoothly…if you know what I mean.
So, enough is enough. First, I’m getting rid of my scale…I’ve never liked numbers anyway. This is a lifestyle change not a numbers game. I’m not pressuring myself to become a Vegan…though I’m seriously considering it. For now I want to concentrate on eating “clean” with more veggies and less meat. I have to say goodbye to processed sugar, red meat and some dairy.
I love to cook so trying new, healthy recipes is kinda exciting and fun.  I’m also going to throw in some exercise a few days a week…bike riding, maybe treadmill. But if I don’t feel like exercising on any given day that’s perfectly ok. The main goal here is to change my eating habits for life and stop eating like a 20yr. old.

No comments:

Post a Comment